From Rocky Mountain Conservancy and Rocky Mountain National Park:
The Rocky Mountain Conservancy and Rocky Mountain National Park are requesting proposals for the Bailey Research Fellowship. This is an opportunity for one graduate level student to spend three to four months conducting research in Rocky Mountain National Park.
This fellowship opportunity invites a broad range of research proposals to be reviewed and conducted in Rocky Mountain National Park, including wildlife management, vegetation and riparian studies, fire ecology, cultural sciences, archaeology and historic structures preservation, as well as other topics in botany, zoology, geology, history, ecology and ornithology. The graduate student awarded the Research Fellowship will work with Rocky Mountain National Park staff for a period of three to four months. Applicants must submit a preliminary research proposal and the chosen fellow will be expected to convey research finding to the general public as well as to professional audiences.
- Participant must be currently enrolled in, or in the process of graduating from, a graduate level program at an accredited college or university.
- Participant must show proven excellence in scholarship and research, or training in the fields of natural and/or cultural resources.
- Goals should include an interest in a career with national or state parks in interpretation, natural or cultural resources, resource management, or environmental education.
- Participant should exhibit the ability to communicate effectively to both general and public audiences.
- Participant should exhibit a willingness to contribute to the purposes of the Rocky Mountain Fellowship Program and assist the National Park Service by sharing knowledge, skill and enthusiasm.
Wage/Salary: Housing plus a $8,000 honorarium and a $3,000 support budget for incidentals
Application Instructions: Please email a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and research proposal to Rachel Balduzzi at email@example.com by February 1, 2018 for consideration of this fellowship.
Please use the following link https://rmconservancy.org/learn-us/rmnp-research-fellowship/ for more information on how to apply.